The Antwerp University Hospital guarantees top quality healthcare and a wide range of specialized treatments.
- Endocrinology, diabetology and metabolic diseases.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is one of the most common chronic diseases. The disease is characterized by an increase in the blood sugar levels.
- Endocrinology: Endocrinology is concerned with the glands that secrete hormones into the bloodstream. Hormones are signaling molecules that affect the function of other organs. Endocrine diseases are caused by a deficiency or an excess of hormones.
- Metabolic diseases: Metabolic diseases are diseases which are related to the metabolic process which is necessary for the normal functioning, growth and maintenance of the body.
- Obesity: In the chronic disease obesity the weight poses a health hazard. The Body Mass Index (BMI) is more than an 30. The excessive accumulation of fat in the body you are at greater risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.